Embarking on their nineteenth year of performing together, Stiff Gins are now entering their most intriguing period of music making. Fresh off the stage of their epic visual theatre project entitled ‘Spirit of Things: Sound of Objects’ that toured Sydney and Melbourne, Stiff Gins a forging towards their twentieth anniversary with a new recording and sound design project already in the works. As their music continues to strengthen, they engage new generations with their harmonies, stories and soul. Today Stiff Gins performances stretch time, invite spirit to flow and transport you through song and story to both a higher and deeper plain.
- Recipients of the Centenary Medal for ‘Outstanding Service to Indigenous Music.
- Performed at Australia’s biggest festivals including Big Day Out, Homebake, Bluesfest, Womad, Tamworth Country Music Festival, Peats Ridge, and many more.
- Toured extensively overseas including North America, Canada, UK, Amsterdam, Spain, France, Singapore, Vietnam, Egypt, Cyprus, Kuwait, Lebanon, Jordan, New Zealand, Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya.
- Run thousands of workshops in rural and remote indigenous communities throughout Australia.
- Favourites on the Australian Folk scene including Woodford Folk Festival, Port Fairy Folk Festival, Queenscliff Music Festival, The National Folk Festival, and many more
- Featured in the ground breaking Sydney Festival event “I am Eora”
- Performed for some of Australia’s largest companies and events including Tourism Australia, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Sydney Lord Mayors Millennium Party, Sydney organising committee of the Olympic Games (SOCOG), Australia Day Council, AMP, Westpac, Commonwealth Bank, KPMG, Sydney Commonwealth Games Association, AFL, NRL, Qantas, and Virgin Blue among others
- Multi Award Winners and Nominees
- 3 acclaimed album releases
- Celebrated 20th Anniversary in 2019